There is currently no evidence that companion animals (including pets) can spread COVID-19. Here are resources with more information and recommendations specific to caring and handling animals.
- COVID-19 and Animals – WSDA Publication 824 [PDF]
- WSVMA COVID-19 updates – Information from the Washington State Veterinary Medical Association (WSVMA)
- COVID-19 resources for pet owners and veterinarians – Fact sheets, helpful links, and more from the WSVMA.
- CDC Animals and Coronavirus Disease – a CDC webpage with information specific to animals.
- Taking pets from a COVID-19 household – information from the American Veterinary Medical Association
- COVID-19 and Pets Study (CAPS) – University of Washington Center for One Health webpage.