- This event has passed.
Cover Crop & Soil Health Demo & Discussion Series, 2: Buckwheat & crimson and red clover cover crops
August 14, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join WSU Clark County Extension at the 78th St. Heritage Farm for the 2nd in a series of demonstration and discussion events focused on cover crops and soil health topics. This event series will consist of a specific topic area that will be covered by a speaker and feature a demonstration. Each of these events will be semi-informal, with participant discussion encouraged throughout, and time set aside at the end of the event for open discussion on cover crops and soil health. The event will also allow time for viewing demonstrations, networking, and snacks and refreshments will be provided.
This event is focused on using buckwheat, crimson clover, and red clover cover crops with demonstration plots of buckwheat with clovers undersown. Justin O’Dea, WSU’s Extension Regional Agriculture Specialist for southwest WA will be the speaker for this event.
– Potential benefits and pitfalls of using buckwheat and clover cover crops
– Considerations for successful buckwheat and clover cover crop management with a focus on midsummer plantings
– General discussion on midsummer cover cropping
– Demonstration plot and equipment viewing
– Time for open discussion on cover crops & soil health with other attendees and the speaker
– Opportunity for networking
– Refreshments and snacks
Contact Justin O’Dea at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-524-2383 if you have questions, need help with registration, or need specific program accommodations.
Washington State University Extension engages people, organizations and communities to advance knowledge, economic well-being and quality of life by fostering inquiry, learning, and the application of research. Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination.