- This event has passed.
7/15 Watch: Listening Circle of Racism
July 15 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Listening Circle on Racism
This event is being offered on three dates.
Choose one of the following dates when registering.
June 30, 2020 – 2:00-3:30 PM
July 8, 2020 – 1:30-3:00 PM
July 15, 2020 – 1:30-3:00 PM
Time Zone: Eastern (US/Canada) / GMT -4
There is no charge for this event, but capacity is limited.
A waitlist will be enabled when a session is full.
Having constructive conversations about racism and bias can be challenging.
The goal of this listening circle is to provide shared emotional connection related to the current dialogue on race spurred by the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. The listening circle will provide a space for people to connect, share their experiences and look to the future.
Participants will join a Zoom video conference and be broken into small groups with an IIRP facilitator. You will be asked questions to explore issues of the day on a deeper level with people you don’t know who may have very different opinions and experiences. During the listening circle, you will have the responsibility to listen to others and be listened to.
In order to prepare for this experience, please consider the following before registering:
- Am I prepared to listen deeply to those I may not agree with?
- Am I prepared to share my experience and perspective even if others disagree with me?
- Am I prepared to sit in discomfort?
- Do I have an apprehension about attending, and if so, can I share my apprehension with someone?
- Will I be able to address the apprehension and still participate?
- Do I have support if I am unable to continue with the process?