Presenter’s Power Point:
- Learn equipment and facility needs for your enterprise.
- Review what farmers need to consider when purchasing equipment.
- Become aware of resources for information on buildings, fencing,
- irrigation supplies and other equipment
- Equipment – selecting what you need for your farming operation
- Irrigation – Different methods, with a focus on drip irrigation
- Facilities – Resource information on building plans, etc.
- Fencing – Types of fencing, purpose, sources of information
The Thought Process in Selecting Equipment for the Small Farm. Macher, R.E. Small Farm Digest Volume 6, No.1. Fall/Winter 2002/2003
Selecting Equipment for the Small Farm PDF
Paddock Design, Fencing, and Water Systems for Controlled Grazing, R. Morrow. Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas, USDA, 2005. https://attra.ncat.org/product/paddock-design-fencing-and-water-systems-for-controlled-grazing/
Portable Field Hoophouse, C. Miles, P. Labine, Washington State University Cooperative Extension. EB1825, 1997
Portable Field Hoophouse PDF
Agricultural Building Equipment Plan List, University of Tennessee Agricultural Extension Service PB 1590
Agricultural Building and Equipment Plan List PDF